* Zeitgeist, one of the hottest designer mobility startups of the year, is about to launch a collection of premium electric bikes and scooters that will rewrite the rules of personal transport. Trusted by both design aficionados and discerning cyclists, Zeitgeist is beginning to garner influencer praise and design awards having barely launched a few weeks ago.
* The company's Launch Edition is America’s finest carbon fiber electric bike, built with Danish design and German engineering, and well-suited for leisure rides, errand runs and hilly commutes.
* Zeitgeist has strategic partnerships with Continental AG, a leader in the self-driving car movement, and Amazon Launchpad, a program to help onboard crowdfunded products and startups on Amazon.com
Zeitgeist is a disruptive urban mobility startup and home to some of the coolest electric bikes and scooters on the market. Our debut product, Zeitgeist Launch Edition, is the only carbon fiber S-pedelec electric bike in America with a Danish designed composite frame and German engineering. Our partnerships with Continental (Germany), Amazon Launchpad and leading industrial designers makes us a unique story in equity crowdfunding as we make products that people really want for leisure, errands and hilly commutes.
Post wars, when people finally had disposable income, they went out and bought Vespas and Beetles for mobility, self-expression and freedom. Fast forward to 2016, people have unprecedented levels of discretionary income and choices on how to spend it. However, there is no clear brand leader in personal, urban mobility. Leading bike manufacturers have failed to capture this market or not taken it seriously. Meanwhile, countless startups have launched mediocre products and failed to create a top-of-mind brand awareness to fill this void of “self-expression meets personal transport.” This is the white space Zeitgeist plans to own.
* Portability: If you could take your wheels with you, why would you need to share someone else’s or wait for an Uber? There is a crushing need for people to break free from public transport delays or the need to pull out their cars for short distances. Hoverboards and Segways aren’t bike-lane or sidewalk legal. Zeitgeist makes electric bikes and scooters that ARE street legal, don’t require license plates and come assembled out-of-the-box.
* Individualized: Personal transport should be like your iPhone- it comes to life in your hands and remembers your preferences, locations and riding position.
* Influencers on-Board: Zeitgeist is building a network of influencers and brand ambassadors across archetypes willing to endorse the ownership and riding experience for leisure, work and errands. A recent test ride campaign resulted in over 400 ride requests in 2 weeks and under $1500 spent on Facebook ads.
* Range Extension: The freedom to shrink the last mile of your commute and simplify your journey by taking delays, uncertainty and fatigue out of the equation. Go farther, faster and arrive in style.
* Discovery: Being able to navigate smaller streets and lanes enables you to discover new aspects of a neighborhood, hidden gems and shorter routes. It also allows you to go places you would normally not go due to distances or topography. Arrive in a new city with your personal transport device, free to get to your destination or explore without being relegated to cabs and inefficient public transport.
* TSA Approval Pending: Our product development roadmap includes TSA-approved batteries in select devices, allowing them to be checking-in on flights and eventually even carried onboard. This would make us one of the few in America with this distinction.
* Great for SMBs: Cargo bikes are ubiquitous in European cities yet nascent to non-existent in most of America. Our future models will be offered with detachable cargo racks and baskets in partnership with Thule, thereby making them appealing to small and mid-size businesses as delivery vehicle alternatives. Besides being a great way for a merchant to brand themselves, we are confident that customers who are delivered products by a Zeitgeist bike will be equally viral on social media about this unique service level.
* App-Enabled: Zeitgeist has a strong technology team of former Microsoft engineers who are building a robust rider app that monitors bike statistics, battery life and integrated mapping. We will eventually offer this as a software-as-a-service offering for SMBs to manage dispatch and for a delivery messenger to manage their routes and delivery schedule.