In 2014, our dissemination team visited five villages near Mumbai, India. It was an incredible journey, and we were able to install a small pilot of 60 units in households. Here are some of the results and benefits from the trip:
- Reduced cooking time (water boiling tests show 25% reduction)
- Lower amount of firewood required by 20%
- Less soot deposition and vessel blackening
- Improved health of users by decreasing the amount of smoke emitted dramatically
- Ability to retrofit almost any firewood cookstove without purchasing new, expensive parts
Following this success, we knew we were on to something! Since then, Shudhatta has evolved so far and we're incredibly excited to be working with some fantastic NGOs and distributors to empower local women and improve livelihoods and health of developing communities. Stay tuned for updates!